Thursday, 7 June 2012

Star Trek Alphabet

Everyone seemed to have a fun time guessing the Harry Potter characters in my Harry Potter alphabet before I posted a key, so I thought I would do the same here. Have fun! By the way, two of the letters are identified by their races, not their character names.  (EDIT: Key now available at the bottom of the post in white text).

Prints, skins, iPhone cases and adult T-shirts / hoodies available at http://society6.com/mbaboon/Star-Trek-Alphabet_Print. Kids' shirts, stickers and more available at http://www.redbubble.com/people/mbaboon/works/9042599-star-trek-alphabet

Depicted are: Jonathan Archer (Star Trek: Enterprise), Benjamin Sisko (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), Pavel Chekov (Star Trek), Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Elim Garak (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), Quark the Ferengi (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), Geordi La Forge (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Hikaru Sulu (Star Trek), Ilia (Star Trek: The Motion Picture), Kathryn Janeway (Star Trek: Voyager), James Kirk (Star Trek), Leonard "Bones" McCoy (Star Trek), Montgomery "Scotty" Scott (Star Trek), Neelix (Star Trek: Voyager), Odo (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Q (Star Trek: The Next Generation), William Riker (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Spock (Star Trek), Tribbles (Star Trek), Nyota Uhura (Star Trek), Valeris (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country), Worf (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Xindi-Reptilian (Star Trek: Enterprise), Tasha Yar (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Zefram Cochrane (as depicted in Star Trek: First Contact)

9 comments:

  1. Mike,

    Love your work. Big Muppets fan, originally know you from ToughPigs, bought your Muppet Alphabet shirt, etc. Thought I couldn't appreciate you more than I already do, but then you go posting this set on my other most influential work of media. Awesome.

    Here's my attempted at the decode (missing two):
    Archer, Bejamin Sisko, Chekov, Data, Elim Garak, Ferengi, Geordi, Hikaru Sulu, I__, Janeway, Kirk, Leonard McCoy, Mongomery Scott, Neelix, Odo, Picard, Q, Riker, Spock, Tribbles, Uhurah, Vulcan, Worf, X__, Yar, Zephram cochrane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Lila. Your comments are really appreciated. Good job on solving most of these. But which Vulcan is V? :)

      Delete
  2. I = Ilia from The Motion(less) Picture
    V = Valeris from The Undiscovered Country
    X = ...the Xindi?
    I would have preferred N to be Kira Nerys instead of Neelix, but that's just because I haaaate Neelix.

    A great balance of the different series and movies--another fantastic artwork, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Quinn. I tried to incorporate a suitable mix of each Trek franchise.

      I feel the same way about Neelix, but he ultimately seemed like the most recognizable choice, especially since I wanted to represent Voyager again. I had also thought about Seven of Nine (but, as much as I wanted to include the Borg somehow, she seemed like more of an S than an N) or Nero (to include the latest film).

      Delete
  3. I only wish you had incorporated Troi or Torres as T instead of Tribbles. I mean, tribbles are great and iconic and all but there's far too few women in here already and I grew up loving both of them (and Dax and Kira...). Maybe I'm bitter cuz of all these great women it's Yar who's represented and I can't stand her. :P (But Uhura, duh, amazing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. T was literally the last letter I did. I was torn between Troi and Tribbles, but I couldn't get Troi to work well as the letter. I had also really hoped to include the Borg Queen in there somewhere as well but I couldn't cut B (a captain) or good-old Q.

      Delete
  4. Okay, I'm in love with this alphabet. I love how each letter has just a small caricature of a corresponding character rather than a full picture. I'm a pretty big Star Trek fan and I'm looking for some nice T-shirts to show it off. I'll definitely need to add this to my collection. Hopefully I can find some other Star Trek t shirts I really like. Thanks so much for the post! http://bltshirt.com/star-trek/

    ReplyDelete